by John Brana October 03, 2006
New Jewelry Designer John S. Brana's Premier Collections Honor Old-World Artistry and California's Surrounding Beauty
Bay Area native John S. Brana, former Charles Schwab VP of Finance launches his first jewelry collections for men and women inspired by the Bay Area’s natural beauty. The result is a collection of distinctive and meticulously handcrafted jewelry of the highest caliber.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 3, 2006 -- Bay Area native John S. Brana, former Charles Schwab VP of Finance launches his first jewelry collections for men and women inspired by the Bay Area’s natural beauty. The result is a collection of distinctive and meticulously handcrafted jewelry of the highest caliber.
"Nature is my primary source of inspiration, " says Brana. "Whether I'm driving down the coast or strolling through a park, the creative combinations of colors, textures, shapes, and symbols are endless, and California is the perfect place to start."
John S. Brana’s premier women’s collections include:
• The Monterey, evoking the magic of the sea with hand-forged metal filled with delicate Italian mesh ribbon.
• The Pacific Heights, featuring comprehensive swirls of 14K gold-filled wire accented with precious gemstones.
• The Sea Cliff, bold in scale and accented with dramatic sea creatures, unusually shaped beads, and precious gemstones.
• The SoMa, sleek and contemporary with a surprising bohemian-urban undercurrent.
• The Sonoma, an epitome of relaxed sophistication.
John S. Brana’s premier men’s collections include:
• The Redwood, a tribute to the natural awe-inspiring giants.
• The Reptile, capturing the primal power of all things wild.
• The Sierra, moved by the formidable Sierra Nevada’s grandeur into a spare, yet powerful abstract.
• The Tonga, motivated by the remarkable artistry of ancient Pacific island tribes.
• The Wave, inspired by the soothing lull of the Pacific Ocean and the tranquility embodied in spare, graceful design.
As a child, John S. Brana traveled extensively and learned from his father, an accomplished artist and teacher, how to perfect techniques in metal and resin casting, fabrication, and woodworking. While John had the opportunity to expand his father’s award-winning three-dimensional stained glass business, he chose to pursue a more "practical" career in Finance. After graduating in 1990 from University of Michigan with an M.B.A. in Finance, Brana moved to San Francisco and worked his way up in corporate finance to vice president of The Charles Schwab Corporation. It was his father’s death in 2003 that made Brana re-evaluate his priorities and rekindled his childhood passion for artisan crafts and jewelry.
Bold in scale, unique and precious, John S. Brana’s pieces are perfect for those who enjoy interesting jewelry design and are seeking to make an unusual statement. Brana’s specialty is in fine silver, gold, and gold-filled wire combined with fresh-water pearls, Swarovski crystals, Venetian glass and precious gemstones—all carefully hand-selected during John’s frequent trips to Europe, Asia, and throughout the United States.
Selected John S. Brana’s jewelry is currently available at Residents Apparel Gallery (R.A.G), Porcelynne boutique in San Francisco and Marlowe & Company Jewellers in St. Helena. For online orders, please visit John S. Brana - Distinctive Jewelry
For Hi-resolution images and media requests, please contact Leena@theprcafe.com or phone 415.205.7094.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
by John Brana January 14, 2016
by John Brana January 06, 2016
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.