June 28, 2015
Building a beautiful jewelry collection is truly a lifelong endeavor, as most women gradually purchase pieces over the years to add more versatility to their accessories collection. If you're looking for something new and beautiful that you are sure to get years of wear from, it's a good idea to think about which essentials you're missing. We put together this list of the jewelry pieces that every woman should have on hand to mix and match with her ensembles.
April 22, 2015
Jewelry is a fashion accessory that many women purchase and update regularly. There are, however, several jewelry essentials that no women can do without. Putting together the perfect jewelry collection doesn’t happen overnight, and the styles you select may evolve over time as your personal tastes change. In many cases, the basics of your jewelry collection will remain constant. With that in mind, here are some tips to learn about the jewelry essentials every woman should own.
gold_dangle_earrings_-_jbnge-116_-_handmade_earrings_by_john_s_brana_1024x1024_large.jpeg?1254283317898135361" alt="Quadruple Tiered Hammered Nu Gold Dangle Earrings " style="display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;">
1. Chandelier Earrings Chandelier earrings are simple pieces of jewelry that can easily glam up any ensemble. Bring any outfit to the next level, from a simple turtleneck to a chic sheath dress. Select chandelier earrings that are timeless, such as silver, gold, or textured pieces. Chandelier earrings are the perfect statement earring that can be both luxurious and affordable.
2. Bangle Bracelets Bangle bracelets never go out of style. Add one or several to your wrist to add an instant touch of chic. Whether you prefer thin or thick, gold, silver, or even copper, bangle bracelets add fun and sophistication to anything you wear. Fold formed aluminum bangle bracelets have become highly popular, as well as contemporary bronze pieces that exude a unique luster not found in traditional silver or gold.
3. Pearls Pearls are the ultimate addition to any piece of woman’s jewelry. They are so simple, but ultra-elegant. Look for pearls in a wide range of colors, such as blue, green, red, silver, and gold. Don’t just settle on traditional pearl necklaces, as there are many modern pieces of pearl-inspired jewelry. Necklaces, bracelets, and even earrings can be found adored with beautiful freshwater pearls.
4. Cocktail Rings Cocktail rings are a bold way to add pizazz to any ensemble. Never underestimate the power that a beautiful cocktail ring can provide to your look and confidence. This oversized, sexy yet classy piece of jewelry is small but packs a big punch. Try a cocktail ring with one of your favorite gemstones, such as black onyx, amber, amethyst, quartz, sunstone, or blue topaz.
5. Statement Necklaces The necklace is generally the piece that “makes” the outfit. The statement making necklace is a piece for every woman of any age. It’s truly a smart investment, and also extremely versatile. Wear a statement making necklace embellished with colored beads and pearls or a powerful copper necklace made from interlocking rings.
Whether you’re just starting to build your jewelry collection or have an advanced collection of your favorite pieces, there’s always room for the essentials. No need to limit yourself to pieces that you’ll only wear for special occasions. These basic pieces that belong in every woman’s jewelry collection can be worn everyday. From gleaming gemstones to lustrous pearls, these essential jewelry pieces are the ideal way to add a fashionable touch to every outfit.
So that's my top 5 suggestions! I would love to hear what do you think? Please make your must have jewelry suggestions in the comments section below. Also, I would love it if you would pin your favorites to Pinterest and join me on Pinterest too!
September 01, 2009
Fashion Advice - Customer Types - The Haute Hippie by Cindy Edelstein features Unique Gemstone Rings by San Francisco jewelry designer John S. Brana
"Chunky yet whimsical natural designs bring to mind elfin spirits in the woods while simultaneously channeling the raw gem trend. Unique gemstones and obscure minerals that have a lot going on inside will resonate with our gal." Sterling silver and bronze rings from the Muir Woods collection with 23-carat Lepidochrosite cabochon, by John S. Brana, www.johnsbrana.com.
About the Author - Cindy Edelstein is the owner of Jeweler's Resource Bureau, a niche marketing firm that offers the industry unique solutions for helping designers and retailers connect and profit together. Her newest brainstorm is http://www.jewelersresource.com/, the ultimate sourcing tool for retailers seeking designer collections and connections.
January 01, 2008
It's time to make 2008 the year for high-voltage, maximum impact glamour
Dress, Ralph Lauren Women's Purple Label; Shoes, Giuseppe Zanotti; Gloves, La Crasia; Ring, John S Brana - 12 carat Blue Topaz ring set in Sterling Silver from the Pacific Heights Collection- pages 38-39
HER Pleated Halter Dress, Issey Miyake USA; Pleated Shrug, Issey Miyake USA; Shoes, Nina; Citrine Gold Ring, John S Brana - 12 carat Citrine ring set in 18k Gold from the Pacific Heights Collection- page 40
Sequin Dress, H&M; Classima Executives Watch, Baume-et-Mercier; Hosiery, Wolford; Shoes, Giuseppe Zanotti; Earrings, John S Brana - Lavender Sea Pearls from the Sonoma Collection - page 42
Oryx - The Inflight Magazine of Qatar Airways is published by The Media Factory FZ - LLC of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
"Qatar Airways flies one of the youngest fleets in the skies. In September 2006 Qatar Airways became the launch customer of the Airbus A340-600 High Gross Weight aircraft. Innovative onboard features such as dedicated First and Business Class lounges for passengers travelling in the premium cabins are specially designed for you to unwind and relax.
The State of Qatar sits on a peninsula halfway along the western shoreline of the Arabian Gulf and is almost completely surrounded by sea. It borders Saudi Arabia to the south and is separated by the sea from the United Arab Emirates in the southeast and Bahrain in the northwest.
Qatar has a desert climate of hot summers and relatively warm winters. In the summer, the temperature ranges between 25 and 46 degrees centigrade. Rainfall in the winter is minimal and on average does not exceed 75 mm per year."
For more information on Qatar Airways, please see their website at www.qatarairways.com
January 01, 2008
Middle East & Africa - January 2008
The Fashion Files - Look Great in 2008
Join the glitterati and set a shining example for the year ahead
HER Pleated Halter Dress, Issey Miyake USA; Pleated Shrug, Issey Miyake USA; Shoes, Nina; Citrine Gold Ring, John S Brana - 12 carat Citrine ring set in 18k Gold - Pacific Heights Collection - pages 18-19
Dress, Ralph Lauren Women's Purple Label; Shoes, Giuseppe Zanotti; Gloves, La Crasia; Ring, John S Brana - 12 carat Blue Topaz ring set in Sterling Silver - Pacific Heights Collection - page 21
Dress, Aurelio Costarella; Shoes, Giuseppe Zanotti; Gloves, La Crasia; Ring, John S Brana - 20 carat Swiss Blue Topaz ring set in Sterling Silver - Pacific Heights Collection - page 24
Kempinski Luxury & Lifestyle Magazine is published by The Media Factory FZ-LLC of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. "Founded in Germany 111 years ago, Kempinski Hotels has long reflected the finest traditions of European hospitality. Today, as ever, Kempinski is synonymous with distinctive luxury.
Located in many of the world's most well known cities and resorts, the Kempinski collection includes hotels in the grand manner, pace-setting modern establishments and older hotels of individual charm. All blend gracefully into their surroundings and offer luxurious accommodation, superb cuisine and unrivalled facilities - complemented by impeccable service.
For leisure and business guests alike, the name Kempinski has long been synonymous with style, nobility and efficiency. Put simply, they are the first choice for the discerning individual.
In addition to operating many of the finest city hotels in the world Kempinski is a name that can now be found in many exciting resort locations, each combining local flair and ambience with the international standards of service and luxury that Kempinski guests have come to expect."
For more about Kempinski Hotels, check out their website at www.kempinski.com
February 01, 2007
Jewellery World Review Magazine - February, 2007 Edition
Features John S. Brana - Reflections of Nature
"Jewellery World Review is a trade magazine for the gems & jewelry industry for designers, manufacturers & exporters, and for their wholesale customers & distributors." JWR is published monthly, and was founded in February 2002.
"Based in Bangkok Thailand, Jewellery World Review has a distinctive Asian flavor, and at the same time presents international trends as they appear from around the world. The editorial content of Jewellery World Review is an eclectic coverage of design, industry news, & feature articles."
"The editorial aim of Jewellery World Review is to be constantly informative & useful to the readers. As a trade publication, Jewellery World Review attends the leading international gem & jewelry trade fairs worldwide."
December 01, 2006
WHAT'S/NEW - Jewelry
Pearl of the Sea - Sea Cliff Collection by John S. Brana - page 88
December 01, 2006
Pearls - The Quintessential Accessory by Deborah A. Yonick
Hidden Pearl Ring - Sea Cliff Collection by John S. Brana - page 32
July 29, 2006